Are you an experienced leader within protein production according to GMP, ISO 13485 or corresponding standards? Would you like to lead our production team to improved processes and quality standards? As Head of Production at BioLamina you’d manage the production team within cell culture, protein purification and filling & labelling.
BioLamina in Sundbyberg is a Swedish biotech company with global clients within research, biotech and pharma. We develop and produce premium laminins, which are proteins used in e.g. stem-cell research. The laminins are produced in small-scale cell cultures of adherent and suspension cells followed by protein purification.
BioLamina has come far from the laboratory bench were we started and we are still developing. Today there are seven people working in the production and we are planning to expand. Major tasks will be to develop the independence & competence of the team, documentation and traceability as well as improvement of processes. You will also manage projects, eg in up-scaling, and take an active role in preparing production for GMP. As Head of Production you work closely to the production and the production team.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Staff responsibility including scheduling, salaries, budget & recruitments.
- Development of the staff, including delegating tasks and areas of responsibility ad follow up results.
- Responsibility for meeting production goals according to quality standards
- Develop and implement traceability and documentation, striving towards GMP, in close collaboration with the Quality department.
- Lead & implement process improvement projects and track key performance indicators.
- Participate in the management team and development of strategies.
Since BioLamina is an entrepreneurial company, there will be great opportunities for you to shape and improve the production. This is a key position for BioLamina’s future. You will work closely with QA, QC, R&D and Sales. At BioLamina we are all next door!
We created a website with more information about this position: https://search4s.teamtailor.co...
Location:BioLamina in Sundbyberg.
Terms of employment: the position is open-ended with employment at BioLamina.
Start date:upon agreement
This is a position that requires strong leadership skills and a readiness to participate in an evolving company culture. You should be prepared to introduce technical and cultural changes, as we are moving towards improved ways of working. You need to be very good at prioritizing, delegating, following up and supporting your staff in daily production and projects. There is a need for a structured and communicative leader with a can-do-attitude. You understand that changes take time and that everyone needs to be on-board.
- Academic degree within engineering, biology, chemistry or corresponding work-life experience.
- Several years of experience from managing a team within production of proteins or similar products.
- Very good understanding of production according to high quality standards, e.g. GMP, ISO 13 485 or similar.
- Very good knowledge of cell culture or protein purification.
- Experience from process improvement projects, upscaling and/or tech transfer
- Very good written and spoken English
- Experience from working with both adherent and suspension cell cultures
- Experience from building and implementing processes according to GMP or ISO 13 485
- Good written and spoken Swedish
Is this you? Welcome with your application!
Application & more information:
In this recruitment BioLamina is working with Search4S, Recruitment Consultant Anna Rennermalm. For more information contact Anna Rennermalm, +46 707 94 20 05 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last application date: Nov 1 2020
Interviews and selection of candidates will be continuous.
BioLamina is a Swedish biotechnology company with a global presence. We offer an expansive portfolio of chemically defined and animal component-free laminin proteins for a variety of applications, including a reliable expansion of pluripotent cell and differentiation and maintenance of specialized cell types.
BioLamina’s Biolaminins™ are the only original full length, human, recombinant laminin cell culture substrates on the market and the impact of our Biolaminin matrices on cell culture quality has been scientifically validated in many high-impact journals.
The company was established in 2009 and was co-founded by Dr. Karl Tryggvason and his son Dr. Kristian Tryggvason, currently CEO. Today the company has about 20 employees spanning from production, R&D, logistics, sales, and marketing. We are a profitable company with an annual increase in revenue of approximately 50 %