Do you have expert knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease or neurodegeneration due to misfolded proteins? Are you used to work with proteins and analysis with biochemical methods? If you’d also like to work with fully funded research projects with highly skilled team members in a nice and professional environment, come join BioArctic!
BioArctic is dedicated to the development of therapies against Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. As Senior Scientist you contribute with theoretical knowledge and laboratory analyses to the development of new biopharmaceutical treatments. Your tasks and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute practically and theoretically with knowledge of Alzheimer's disease / neurodegeneration / protein-folding disease / aggregating proteins
- Provide practical and theoretical expertise in biochemical methodology, including preparation and analysis of biological tissue
- Deliver results and reports according to timelines agreed with project managers and line managers.
- Proactively work with projects in all phases to handle project specific and scientific issues, including contributing to strategies and stop / go decisions in the projects.
- Ensure that the projects are continuously updated with the latest scientific developments in the area, as well as contribute to high scientific competence at both project and company level.
- Identify external cooperation opportunities and, if necessary, manage such collaborations to deliver maximum value to BioArctic.
BioArctic offers a highly innovative environment with skilled and dedicated colleagues. Through strategic collaborations with Eisai and AbbVie funding for the largest projects are secured, ensuring a stable work situation and opportunities to expand your expertise.
Location: Kungsholmen, Stockholm
Terms: Open-ended, full-time with BioArctic as employer.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- PhD or corresponding qualifications within a relevant discipline
- Expert knowledge of Alzheimer's disease / neurodegeneration / protein-folding disease
- Experience and expert knowledge of biochemical methodology, including preparation and analysis of biological tissue
- Experience and expert knowledge of biochemical methods such as e.g. Western blot, immunoprecipitation, ELISA, chromatography, tissue preparation (homogenization and centrifugation) and subcellular fractioning.
- Expert knowledge and practical experience of biochemical analysis of aggregated proteins
- Experience from working with antibodies.
- Experience from drug discovery and development
- Experience from biopharmaceuticals / immunotherapies
- Experience from working with mass spectroscopy
- Fluent written and spoken Swedish
BioArctic values respect, dedication, responsibility and teamwork. For this position you need to have strong collaborative and communication skills as well as being able to plan, initiate and execute your own work. You have an analytical mind-set and a systematic way of working, striving to follow procedures and deliver results with high quality.
Is this you? Welcome with your application!
In this recruitment BioArctic collaborates with the recruitment company Search4S.
For more information about the position, contact Recruitment Consultant Anna Rennermalm, +46 707 94 20 05.
Last application date: 20 January 2019
Selection of candidates & interviews will be conducted continuously (with a break over the holidays), thus submit your application as soon as possible.
About the company
BioArctic AB (publ) is a Swedish research-based biopharma company focusing on disease-modifying treatments and reliable biomarkers and diagnostics for neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. The company also develops a potential treatment for Complete Spinal Cord Injury. BioArctic focuses on innovative treatments in areas with high unmet medical needs.
The company was founded in 2003 based on innovative research from Uppsala University, Sweden. Collaborations with universities are of great importance to the company together with our strategically important global partners in the Alzheimer (Eisai) and Parkinson (AbbVie) projects. The project portfolio is a combination of fully funded projects run in partnership with global pharmaceutical companies and innovative in-house projects with significant market- and out-licensing potential. BioArctic’s B-share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm Mid Cap (ticker: BIOA B).